Sigma Beta Sorority began in 1923. Over the years, women have joined Sigma Beta with the common goal to help others and have developed lasting friendships and bonds with one another. Whether they have been a member for five years, fifteen years or even fifty years (or more), Sigma Betas are dedicated, hard working, generous and always looking for ways to help someone in need. You are invited to read what our Sigma Betas have to say about being a part of a great organization.
- When I joined Sigma Beta 38 years ago I was a working mother and wife and I didn’t know anyone other than the woman who asked me to join. What a wonderful experience it has been. I am proud to be part of an organization that has contributed funds and services to so many worthwhile organizations and individuals. Deb; Fort Wayne, IN
- I have been in Sigma Beta for 35 years. Knowing that we have given so much money out to many deserving organizations makes all the time raising money worth it. The friendships that I have formed with all of my sisters is immeasurable! If you are thinking of joining Sigma Beta, please give us a try, you will not regret it! Wendy; Dayton, OH
- My mom asked me to join Sigma Beta in 2001. That was 18 years ago and I’ve enjoyed every moment. The work that these ladies put into fundraising and helping others is truly amazing. I treasure each and every friendship that I’ve created. The time I’ve spent working in the name of Sigma Beta is worth every minute. I feel blessed to be a part of this wonderful organization. Tina; Myrtle Beach, SC
- I want to thank the young ladies for delivering the fruit and vegetables baskets to Shenandoah Villas Senior Community. That was thoughtful and well appreciated by all of us. Darlene; Newnam, GA
- I joined Sigma Beta Sorority 61 years ago. I didn’t know anyone in the sorority except the woman that asked me to join. Unknowingly that it would be one of the best things I did in my life. For me at that time, I had just had my third child, and I desperately needed to be with other people, and have conversation with other young mothers. I didn’t work and we only had one car, so I was home with 3 children most of the time. I made many new friends and thru the years made many friends from other chapters in other states. I enjoyed getting out for our monthly meeting; I enjoyed participating in doing our charity projects for others; and after several years of being in the group, I even became an officer in the chapter. After many more years I had 3 daughters and when they became old enough, they became members of my chapter. And that was really good to have them also enjoy our sorority. I could never express all the wonderful things we have done or all the wonderful fellowship that all our Sigma Beta sisters have enjoyed. I would really recommend any young female adult to give us a try. I am sure you would like it. Joan; Kettering, OH
Want to tell us what you think of Sigma Beta? Do so below!